Heretical Gaming is my blog about my gaming life, featuring small skirmishes and big battles from many historical periods (and some in the mythic past or the far future too). The focus is on battle reports using a wide variety of rules, with the occasional rules review, book review and odd musing about the gaming and history. Most of the battles use 6mm-sized figures and vehicles, but occasionally 15mm and 28mm figures appear too.

Sunday 15 January 2012

2012 Shopping List

So what is on the shopping list for 2012 so far:

20mm modern NATO and WARPC troops, for Force-on-Force, Firefight and Twilight 2000 RPG. Phil Barker's 'The Sharp End' might get a look-in too. WARPAC troops will probably be the Orion plastic set, maybe with some old Esci figures if I can find a few, the NATO troops will be from Elheim miniatures. I've already ordered some of the latter to see what they are like. They looked lovely on the website. Some plastic kits for the vehicles probably. On the other hand, perhaps 6mm would be better...

Baccus 6mm Saxons - I want an army to oppose my Normans. They look lovely too! I might get enough spares of each to create a real mini-game - 6mm Saga. On the other hand 20s and 28s might be more appropriate...

Baccus 6mm 1815 Allied troops - Brunswickers, Hanoverians, Dutch-Belgians - more Napoleonics when I already have lots, but very nice additions they will be.

and these I'm mulling over:

Baccus 6mm ECW - I'd love to get into ECW but I'm not sure I 'love' these figures. There is a part of me that wants to buy them anyway and just get on with it, another part says 'Wait!' - those sculpts will be bettered one day...

Baccus 6mm late C15 - see comments above. The difference here though is that I don't have any of these figures already, so I will need to get a few to see what I think of them...

20mm WW2 - I already have painted 15mms - what madness is this? Well, the madness was getting the 15s in the first place...does anyone really want to have both 15mm and 20mm figures in their collection. Just have one, make them all compatible for terrain. We shall see though, it is emotionally quite difficult to get rid of armies that are, to a certain extent, done...

No comments:

Post a Comment