Heretical Gaming is my blog about my gaming life, featuring small skirmishes and big battles from many historical periods (and some in the mythic past or the far future too). The focus is on battle reports using a wide variety of rules, with the occasional rules review, book review and odd musing about the gaming and history. Most of the battles use 6mm-sized figures and vehicles, but occasionally 15mm and 28mm figures appear too.

Friday 27 January 2017

The 10x10 Challenge

Inspired by the "Six-by-Six" challenge on Kaptain Kobold's blog, I'm going to have a go at the full hardcore boardgame geek challenge: rules of the challenge are here.

The list is here, but to summarize:

DBA



Polemos Napoleonics



Polemos SPQR



Polemos ECW



Nuts! Final Version



WRG 1925-1950



Wargaming: An Introduction (plus I am including "Simplicity in Practice" from Battlegames 23 here)



Lone Wolf gamebooks



Heroquest


CSI



Discworld


Wish me luck!  A lot of the wargaming rules should tie into various campaigns, which I am hoping will provide the inspiration for a lot of the games.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on going the whole way with the challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was trickier than I had thought to make the list. I don't necessarily think of myself as having lots of games, but I could easily have made a second XI without a single game overlapping this list. The hardest one I think was whether to include DBA and Wargaming: An Introduction or Ancient & Medieval Wargaming instead. I went for the wider variety, but I wonder how I will feel about this choice later.

    ReplyDelete